While we focus on the Smart Building and Living Expo in February, there is still lots to do and see on the topic of sustainability around Ballarat and Buninyong now. Spring is a great time for our local food and wine festivals and of course the Buninyong Good Life festival!
They cried for more..and so we will deliver!
Sunday Feb 22nd, 2015 10 - 4
If you have mentioned you'd like to be involved or are thinking about coming on board NOW IS THE TIME.
A Reference group has been set up to assist with this project and FORP is very excited to have a seat at the table.
The City of Ballarat Council Plan 2013-2017 includes reference to the Township Programs in a strategy about developing and implementing community/neighbourhood planning initiatives in partnership with the community.
The actions are:
- Establish a township empowerment program for Miners Rest, Learmonth and Buninyong to facilitate and seed a local neighbourhood investment program
- Review the township empowerment program and investigate the application of the program to other areas of the city.
The Township Program as adopted by the City of Ballarat include:-
• Buninyong $100,000 allocation
• Funds are one-off fund to seed a number of local projects
• Funds are additional and do not replace existing budgets
• Flexible timeframe – does not have to be spent by end of financial year.
Exciting NEW Sustainable gift!
If you're thinking about planting - think about using Greensmart Pots and fill them with Grow Better Organic Potting Mix!
See us at the Ballarat Fresh Produce Market, Bridge Mall, 1st Saturday of the month, the Saturday Lakeside Market (but not in Winter) or phone Vicki, 0458 903 043.
Funds raised will help us continue to maintain and improve our facilities.
- hassle free growing system
- self-watering and water wise
- grow your own organic vegetables and herbs
- free from weeding
- grow plants continuously at peak performance
- requires less effort and less time
- great for small spaces
- gifts for green thumbs
- support your local community group.
Order from Vicki on 0458 903 043
OR download this order form and get it to us