Sustainable Christmas Presents!
If you’re thinking about planting - think about using Greensmart Pots and fill them with Grow Better Organic Potting Mix – what better gift!
If you want something bigger, why not rent a plot in the Buninyong Community Garden.
Expression of Interest - Smart Building and Living Ballarat Expo Feb 23, 2014
We need your input!!
We are looking for ideas and expressions of interest from businesses, stall holders, community groups and volunteers for the Smart Building and Living Ballarat expo to be held Sunday 23rd February, 10 - 3 at Royal Park.
Activities, products and services must be in keeping with the theme of the day - sustainable building and lifestyle and might include:
- Builders and designers
- Energy, insulation, windows, retrofit or lighting products
- Food, garden
- Lifestyle products - cleaning, personal care, pets, vintage, recycled goods etc
- Community groups, Landcare, Permaculture
Sponsorhip - Smartbuildingandliving2014 Download this information sheet if you are interested in sponsoring this great event!!
We hope to have a full registration form online soon.
Starting in January 2014.
Hello all local gardeners,
Get ready for a productive swap on the second Sunday of each month 9:30am until 11:00am at Royal Park in Buninyong.
So whatever you have in surplus around the house, garden or orchard. such as veggies, fruit, seedlings, worm farm worms, herbs, preserves, baking, eggs ( the odd rooster), recycled items, egg cartons, jars with metal lids etc.
Hope to see you at Royal Park at 9:30am, January 12th 2014.
Jo, Jill & Hayley
A Reference group has been set up to assist with this project and FORP is very excited to have a seat at the table.
The City of Ballarat Council Plan 2013-2017 includes reference to the Township Programs in a strategy about developing and implementing community/neighbourhood planning initiatives in partnership with the community.
The actions are:
- Establish a township empowerment program for Miners Rest, Learmonth and Buninyong to facilitate and seed a local neighbourhood investment program
- Review the township empowerment program and investigate the application of the program to other areas of the city.
The Township Program as adopted by the City of Ballarat include:-
• Buninyong $100,000 allocation
• Funds are one-off fund to seed a number of local projects
• Funds are additional and do not replace existing budgets
• Flexible timeframe – does not have to be spent by end of financial year.
Page 1 of 3