Mark the second Sunday of the month on your calendar!
Hello all local gardeners, makers, sustainers,
Get ready for a productive swap on the second Sunday of each month 9:30am until 11:00am at Royal Park in Buninyong.
So whatever you have in surplus around the house, garden or orchard, such as veggies, fruit, seedlings, worm farm worms, herbs, preserves, baking, eggs (the odd rooster), recycled items, egg cartons, jars with metal lids etc. - anything you are hapy to swap or give away because it is excess to you.
Hope to see you at Royal Park at 9:30am, January 12th 2014.
Jo, Jill & all the Friends of Royal Park - Buninyong Sustainability
A Reference group has been set up to assist with this project and FORP is very excited to have a seat at the table.
The City of Ballarat Council Plan 2013-2017 includes reference to the Township Programs in a strategy about developing and implementing community/neighbourhood planning initiatives in partnership with the community.
The actions are:
- Establish a township empowerment program for Miners Rest, Learmonth and Buninyong to facilitate and seed a local neighbourhood investment program
- Review the township empowerment program and investigate the application of the program to other areas of the city.
The Township Program as adopted by the City of Ballarat include:-
• Buninyong $100,000 allocation
• Funds are one-off fund to seed a number of local projects
• Funds are additional and do not replace existing budgets
• Flexible timeframe – does not have to be spent by end of financial year.
Friday March 15th 2013
Come and see the renovations - and new kitchen.
from 6pm until late.
Welcome to all new foodies!
We met a lot of people new to Ballarat or Buninyong at last weekend's Begonia Festival, and we hope they can come along to Royal Park Buninyong to meet some new like-minded friends!
1101 Warrenheip Street, Buninyong is the address - the clubrooms of the old football oval - Home of the Buninyong Community Gardens!
For Maps - see Where is Royal Park?
See you Friday.
Page 1 of 3