While we focus on the Smart Building and Living Expo in February, there is still lots to do and see on the topic of sustainability around Ballarat and Buninyong now. Spring is a great time for our local food and wine festivals and of course the Buninyong Good Life festival!
They cried for more..and so we will deliver!
Sunday Feb 22nd, 2015 10 - 4
If you have mentioned you'd like to be involved or are thinking about coming on board NOW IS THE TIME.
As part of the ‘Breathing Life Back into the Yarrowee’ project, the Leigh Catchment group invite you to take part in this voluntary survey. This ongoing project has recently been awarded funds from Victoria’s Coalition Government to undertake further restoration works on Ballarat’s Yarrowee River. The purpose of the survey is to evaluate the communities attitude, expectations and involvement with the Yarrowee River, to assist with future management decisions and monitor the success fo the project.
The following questionnaire will only require approximately five minutes to complete. Copies of the survey will be provided to the City of Ballarat, Corangamite Catchment Management Authority and Ballarat Environment Network. Please answer all questions as honestly as possible.
If you require additional information or have questions, please contact Kate Constance Yarrowee River Project Officer on 0409 585 998.
Our Produce Swaps have gone into Winter Recess - we will re-assess in Spring time.
A Reference group has been set up to assist with this project and FORP is very excited to have a seat at the table.
The City of Ballarat Council Plan 2013-2017 includes reference to the Township Programs in a strategy about developing and implementing community/neighbourhood planning initiatives in partnership with the community.
The actions are:
- Establish a township empowerment program for Miners Rest, Learmonth and Buninyong to facilitate and seed a local neighbourhood investment program
- Review the township empowerment program and investigate the application of the program to other areas of the city.
The Township Program as adopted by the City of Ballarat include:-
• Buninyong $100,000 allocation
• Funds are one-off fund to seed a number of local projects
• Funds are additional and do not replace existing budgets
• Flexible timeframe – does not have to be spent by end of financial year.