part of the Sustainable Living Festival
A Reference group has been set up to assist with this project and FORP is very excited to have a seat at the table.
The City of Ballarat Council Plan 2013-2017 includes reference to the Township Programs in a strategy about developing and implementing community/neighbourhood planning initiatives in partnership with the community.
The actions are:
- Establish a township empowerment program for Miners Rest, Learmonth and Buninyong to facilitate and seed a local neighbourhood investment program
- Review the township empowerment program and investigate the application of the program to other areas of the city.
The Township Program as adopted by the City of Ballarat include:-
• Buninyong $100,000 allocation
• Funds are one-off fund to seed a number of local projects
• Funds are additional and do not replace existing budgets
• Flexible timeframe – does not have to be spent by end of financial year.
Exciting NEW Sustainable gift!
If you're thinking about planting - think about using Greensmart Pots and fill them with Grow Better Organic Potting Mix!
See us at the Ballarat Fresh Produce Market, Bridge Mall, 1st Saturday of the month, the Saturday Lakeside Market (but not in Winter) or phone Vicki, 0458 903 043.
Funds raised will help us continue to maintain and improve our facilities.
- hassle free growing system
- self-watering and water wise
- grow your own organic vegetables and herbs
- free from weeding
- grow plants continuously at peak performance
- requires less effort and less time
- great for small spaces
- gifts for green thumbs
- support your local community group.
Order from Vicki on 0458 903 043
OR download this order form and get it to us
A turn out of over 60 wonderful hard working people over the day made for a very successful Permablitz by the Ballarat Permaculture Guild and Friends of Royal Park.
Along with the tasty lunch and afternoon tea, three major projects were completed: The planting of a food forest - fruit trees and companion plants, the clean up of the front garden and the establishment of a herb garden and path, and the clean up and building of paths in and around the existing garden plots.
^ Paul Ryle had sourced heritage apple trees, and these, plus other donated nut trees and other fruit trees, were planted into well mulched circle beds, along with companion plants.